To add 'Set field value' post-function to a transition :
- Click Edit for the workflow that has the transition you wish to add the post-function on.
- In the Workflow Designer, select the transition.
- Click on
Post Functionsin the properties panel.
- Click on
Set field valuefrom the list of post-functions.
- Click on
Addto add the post-function on the transition.
- Select the field from the
- Input a value in the
To input issue or transition or current user information in the
Valuefield see, How to insert information using Nunjucks annotations.
- Click on
Addto add the post-function to the transition.
- After adding, move the post-function to the appropriate position according to Placing post-functions in a transition document.
Known limitations common to all post-functions:
When you add this post-function to a transition and trigger the transition, the add-on sets the selected field of the current issue to the specified value. The value can be provided either as text (with optional Nunjucks annotations) or as a JSON value.
- In the case of text, it can be a simple string (for text typed fields), the string representation of a number, date or boolean value, or the string representation of a complex value, such as a Version name, a username, a Project key, etc. Multiple values can be separated by commas. You can also use Nunjucks annotations to insert issue, transition and current user information into the value, using the 'issue', 'transition' and 'currentUser' variables, respectively.
- In the case of a JSON value, which requires the option
Treat value as JSON(explained below), it can be a String, a Number, a Boolean or an Object. It can also be an array of such values.
To find out more about the type of value expected by this post-function for different field types, see Expected value for each field type.
- Treat value as JSON
Sets the field value from a JSON object or an array of objects. It will take the
- Set only if field is empty
Sets the value of the selected field only if the field is empty.
- Create missing value(s)
Allows creating any missing Component/s or Version/s while setting or copying a field that expects Versions or Components. Note this is applicable for version and component fields.
- Ignore empty value
Will not set (clear) the selected field, if the value is empty or null.
- Add value(s) to the field
Appends the specified value(s) to the selected field of the current issue. This is applicable only to multi-valued fields.
- Send notifications
Jira sends notifications for the change in the selected field value on the current issue. You can control the default value of the
"Send notifications" option in the Configuration page under JMWE administration. Click here for more information.
To execute this post-function based on the result of a Nunjucks template see Conditional execution.
- Run as current user
The current user will be the author of the field change.
- Run as add-on user
The add-on user will be the author of the field change.
- Run as this user
Any user selected in this field will be the author of the field change.
Running this post-function as any user other than the "Add-on user" is discouraged
If you select any option other than "Run as add-on user", so that the change appears to be done by the current user or a specific user, the following must be true:
- The destination field must be present on the Edit screen applicable to the issue being modified
- The selected user must have the Edit issues permission on the issue being modified
To delay the execution of this post-function see Delayed execution.