Calculated fields are fields whose values are dynamically calculated either based on other fields of the issue or fields of other issues (such as sub-tasks or linked issues). You could use these fields to pull in data from an external system and display them with/without a calculation. The value for these fields is calculated every time the issue is displayed, or updated or a re-index is performed. You can search issues for this custom field in the Issue Navigator, in a Saved Filter, in an Agile Board query etc. only when a Search template is configured for the field.
A calculated field can be a field that:
- Evaluates a Groovy expression to compute the value of the field. The result can be of type Number, Date or String.
- Returns the Date/Time of execution of one or more specified transitions of your workflow or of a field change
- Returns the caller of one or more transitions of your workflow or of a field change
- Returns the execution count of one or more transitions of your workflow
- Returns the status of the issue's parent, if any.
Calculated fields provided by the add-on
The Jira Misc Custom Fields plugin provides a suite of custom fields for use in your custom JIRA workflows.